Often overshadowed by its European counterparts (think Italy, Spain and France), traditional Greek cuisine is firmly founded on the Mediterranean triad of wheat, grapes and olives, along with flavoursome herbs such as rosemary, thyme and oregano.
Greece is surrounded by three seas, which has resulted in an incredible diversity of amazing produce including fresh fish, vegetables, cereals and legumes. In this hands-on class, we offer you a little taste of sunshine as we introduce you to some traditional favourites alongside a few unfamiliar yet equally delicious gems.
Dishes may include:
This class is not suitable for vegetarians and unfortunately with this menu we are unable to cater for any specific dietary requirements.
- Skordalia with garlic, lemon and scarmoza
- Pan-fried halloumi with herbed salsa
- Chicken souvlaki
- Ladenia bread topped with tomatoes, onions and oregano
- Beef stifado (chef demonstration)
- Oven-baked potatoes with capers and anchovies (chef demonstration)
The exact location of this venue can be found by clicking this link: