Ursula Ferrigno is a talented cook with a deep love of Southern Italian food. Half Italian and a noted teacher, Ursula specialises in demonstrating the making of Italian breads, Italian soups, risottos, vegetables, fruit dishes and every kind of pasta dish. She has cooked on many TV programmes and is a prolific author.
She is also listed by the Guardian as one of their 10 top chefs to learn to cook with - and after a class with Ursula you will know why. As soon as we put these classes up, they sell out - so get booking to avoid disappointment!
Come and learn how to make the most delicious risotto and gnocchi dishes, nothing like the supermarket versions that you might have tasted, let Ursula guide you effortlessly to make the lightest gnocchi and the most rich and creamy risottos. Once you have mastered the basic principles, then you are free to experiment with all the different flavours available to you.
One of the most important aspects of this dish is the rice and we are very lucky to have been most generously sponsored by Riso Gallo and so you will all be taking home the best quality rice that this country has to offer!
Using all the delicious seasonal ingredients available to us in March, we will be making the following dishes (not only the traditional gnocchi but also two versions you might not have tried before):
- Arancini di riso (the perfect way to use up leftover rice and next day!)
- Porcini risotto
- Artichoke risotto (learn how to prepare this beautiful but daunting vegetable!)
- The lightest fried gnocchi – gnocco fritto (served with salami or Parmesan – delicious!)
- Ricotta gnocchi – tondore – not a potato in sight!
Coating those gorgeous gnocchi will be a simple sage and butter sauce or an Italian sausage and fennel sauce. Book fast to avoid disappointment!
The exact location of this venue can be found by clicking this link:
- Unfortunately, we are unable to cater for specific dietary requirements in some of our classes but please ensure that you let us know of any allergies at the time of booking.
- If you are booking the class as a gift, please ask the recipient to get in touch with us directly with any allergies ahead of the class by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A follow up email will be sent a few days before each class with any additional instructions and a copy of the recipes. It would be a good idea to print a copy off ahead of the class if you have the facility to do so.
- Some of our classes may be set up for you to take some of your dishes home with you so please ensure you bring containers with you as these will not be provided by the school at the end of each class.
- Please make sure that all email correspondence is forwarded on to all gift recipients to ensure that they have received all of the above instructions.