We love having new classes that you won't find this side of London! We are bringing you a BRAND NEW class.
Sri Lankan food takes its influences from India and the Netherlands. At the heart of this fragrant cuisine lies an abundance of fresh fruit and vegetables, seafood, spices and herbs. Similar to South Indian cuisine, Sri Lankan dishes tend to be hotter and spicier than its counterpart, with most meals being accompanied by a spicy sambol or chutney.
Let’s not forget too the famous hoppers, a delicate coconut pancake described by Madhur Jaffrey as “the love child of a crêpe and a crumpet”. Working in pairs, you will prepare a selection of classic Sri Lankan dishes that may include:
- Coconut milk hoppers
- Goraka fish curry
- Devilled paneer
- Golden rice
- Pineapple achcharu
- Carrot sambol
We know that this class will be popular, so book fast to avoid disappointment.
The exact location of this venue can be found by clicking this link:
- Unfortunately, we are unable to cater for specific dietary requirements in some of our classes but please ensure that you let us know of any allergies at the time of booking.
- If you are booking the class as a gift, please ask the recipient to get in touch with us directly with any allergies ahead of the class by emailing us at email@example.com.
- A follow up email will be sent a few days before each class with any additional instructions and a copy of the recipes. It would be a good idea to print a copy off ahead of the class if you have the facility to do so.
- Some of our classes may be set up for you to take some of your dishes home with you so please ensure you bring containers with you as these will not be provided by the school at the end of each class.
- Please make sure that all email correspondence is forwarded on to all gift recipients to ensure that they have received all of the above instructions.