Ursula Ferrigno is a talented cook with a deep love of Southern Italian food. She has cooked on many TV programmes and is a prolific author. Her books include Trattoria, La Dolce Vita
– a book of heavenly desserts and sweets – and Ursula Ferrigno’s Italian Cookery Course
Nothing reflects freshness more than the fruits of the sea. Join Ursula for some delicious fish and seafood delights using our favourite local fishmonger right here in the centre of Oxford – Osney Fish Market.
In this class not only will you master 3 dishes but everyone will learn how to gut and fillet sardines and squid as well as becoming confident with clams, so you can return home and recreate time after time.
- Start by learning how to make chickpea pasta that accompanies so many Italian fish dishes
- Learn how to clean and prepare your own squid and then create squid two ways:
- Fritto Misto
- Laganelle con calamari e ceci - chickpea pasta with squid and chickpeas
- Learn how to clean and prepare sardines and create the delicious Venetian dish Sarde in saor
Working in pairs, you will make every dish. With plenty of top tips from Ursula, this is a must for those of you who are a little nervous around seafood!
The exact location of this venue can be found by clicking this link:
- Unfortunately, we are unable to cater for specific dietary requirements in some of our classes but please ensure that you let us know of any allergies at the time of booking.
- If you are booking the class as a gift, please ask the recipient to get in touch with us directly with any allergies ahead of the class by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A follow up email will be sent a few days before each class with any additional instructions and a copy of the recipes. It would be a good idea to print a copy off ahead of the class if you have the facility to do so.
- Some of our classes may be set up for you to take some of your dishes home with you so please ensure you bring containers with you as these will not be provided by the school at the end of each class.
- Please make sure that all email correspondence is forwarded on to all gift recipients to ensure that they have received all of the above instructions.