Ursula and I remained adamant during the first couple of lockdowns that we preferred to wait for life to return to normal and for us to be in the classroom with everyone again.
However like so many people this time round, maybe its the dark cold afternoons, actually we wanted to connect with you all and it would have to be online. Ursula was brave and held a few private classes and the response said it all. We all need company and Ursula, being the most passionate and enthusiastic person I know, is the perfect person to cheer you up and escape the world for a couple of hours of laughter and learning.
Now this is a class that I am going to book on to!
Ursula has put together a class that includes multiple health benefits and lots of skills to be learnt in this 2 hour online class. We will start at 5.30pm so ready just in time dinner!
We will send you a full shopping and equipment lists the week before you class. Just so you know the shopping list that we will send you for this class, is for 4 people, so you can adapt it to the number of people you are cooking for. We have calculated the food costs will be approximately £15 for 2 people so excellent value too!
- Seedy Spelt Crackers with green tahini dip
- Freshly made spelt pasta with cauliflower and walnut pangrattato
- Neapolitan spinach, olive and onion testo
- Orange & almond Torta
Health benefits from the menu:
- Crackers are full of calcium, B Vitamins, fibre, antioxidants and help reduce blood sugar
- Cauliflower is a super food and contains vitamin C, K & B6 and is good source of fibre
- Spelt is an ancient Roman grain triticum speltum full of complex flavour, it is high in fibre, protein, iron and is rich in micronutrients
- Spinach Testo laden with Vitamin C and calcium and iron
- Orange and almond cake Vitamin E, calcium and Vitamin C
Skills learnt during this class:
- Making fresh pasta from scratch, hand rolling and cutting (NO PASTA MACHINE NEEDED! ! !
- Bread making skills and kneading 4 ways
- Sauces and ultimate pangrattato
What’s not to love?! Not only that we are giving a percentage of the takings to the following charities:
1. The HMCK Charity launched its crowdfunding campaign ‘Transforming Life Chances’ to support remote learning in unprecedented times – no child should not be able to learn.
2.www.fareshare.org.uk – a charity offering a full national operation to get food to vulnerable people during the covid-19 crisis.
Thank you for your support and take care – we look forward to welcoming to you to our community!
Emma and Ursula x