Traditional Mexican meals include a wide use of chocolates, peanuts, tomatoes, beans, and vanilla. Combining this with the specialty cuisines of European conquerors (namely the Spanish) including wine, cheese, pork, beef, and lamb, Mexicans have created a food culture that is second to none!
In this introductory class we will be tackling a range of Mexican classics. From a few basic recipes we will be able to produce an array of stunning dishes easy to prepare and to eat!
The menu may vary according to availability but here is a summary of what you may be cooking on the day.
- Home made Tortillas, corn and wheat
- Guacamole and ‘proper!’ refried beans
- Salsa fresca (Pico de gallo)
- Salsa verde y salsa roja
- Tostada de tinga, chicken or vegetarian
- Enchiladas, chicken or vegetarian
- Agua de Jamaica
Come hungry!!! Washed down with a cold beer – what better way to spend a Sunday!!