Widely believed to be one of the healthiest cuisines on the planet, the Vietnamese table abounds with a plethora of fresh herbs, fragrant spices, light broths and of course the ubiquitous fish sauce.
Drawing on its influences from both French and Chinese occupation, it is renowned for street foods such as banh mi, banh xeo and the deeply savoury pho as well as heartier curries and rice dishes, all of which are executed with a lightness of touch.
Learn to make these classic Vietnamese staples:
- Vietnamese summer rolls, nuoc cham dipping sauce
- Banh xeo – Vietnamese coconut milk and turmeric pancakes (demonstration)
- Gà kho gung – sticky ginger chicken
- Prawn cakes, peanut chilli sauce, little gem
- Cà ri gà bí – Vietnamese chicken curry (plus the Jericho Kitchen’s secret curry spice blend – shhh, don’t tell anyone!)
What better way to brighten up a grey winter’s day!
The exact location of this venue can be found by clicking this link: